· January 17: Report cards go home
· January 18: Schlitterbahn reading logs due
· January 21: MLK Day/No School
· January 22: Field Trip to The Thinkery
· January 24: January Speaking Project (favorite toy)
· February 1: 100th Day Dress Up (dress up as a granny or grandpa)
· February 4: 101st Dress up Day (dress up like a 101 Dalmatian! Black and white spots)
· February 15: Six Flags reading log due
Library is every Tuesday. Please return books!
Running Club - Mondays and Wednesdays 7:10 – 7:30
Field Trip Info
Our field trip to the Thinkery is on Tuesday, 1/22.
- Lunch: We will be eating an early "lunch" (at 9:45) before we head to the Thinkery and will eat a heavy snack when we get back to school (at 2). Please make sure to send your student with a home lunch (unless you said they would be buying lunch) and a heavy snack. As we are eating this in class (not at the field trip location), you can send it in a regular lunch box - it doesn't have to be disposable.
T-Shirts: Please have your child wear their first grade t-shirt. This will make it easier for chaperones and teachers to keep track of their students. I will try to send a reminder through Dojo Messaging the day before about green class shirts for the Field Trip.
Items Needed for 100th Day
Hi First Grade Family!
To celebrate the 100th day of school, we will be doing rotations in which your child has the privilege of traveling to other first grade teacher's classrooms and participate in various activities centered around the 100th day! In my class, we will make fruit loop necklaces! To do so, we need two large bags of generic brand fruit loops donated from your class. If you are willing and able to help, please click on the Sign Up Genius and let us know you will be donating a bag.
Thank you so much for your support and helping us to make the 100th day of school special for our Sommer first graders!
Sclitterbahn reading logs are due this Friday, January 18th.
Six Flags reading log is due February 15. Turn these in if your child with like the prize that goes with it.
A friendly reminder that Math Superstars for the semester has officially started on Monday the 14th.
The week 12 reward will be on Feb 1st . The class with highest participation from each grade will be announced on K Star news for the group reward.
We still have some students from the 1st , 2nd and 4th grades that have not changed to the "new coach". Please make sure to do this.
The link to all the class codes is given below
OUR LEARNING NEXT WEEK...3rd QUARTER, WEEK 3
Math: Students will continue to work with equality and balancing equations. Students will use manipulatives, balance scales, ten frames, equations, etc. to represent equality. Please note: Equality in math can be an incredibly difficult concept for students, therefore, we are continuing this concept from last week.
Science: Students will identify the characteristics of day and night. They will also observe and record changes in the appearance of the moon, stars, and sun the sky.
Reading/Writing: This week we will begin a research unit on Eric Carle. We will read books by Eric Carle, develop open ended questions, gather information from relevant sources, revise and produce a product to show our class research.
Balanced Literacy: This week in Social Studies the students will continue with their explorations of maps. They will be creating a flipbook to show their location in space. In phonics, the students will be working on recognizing letter patterns and CVC patterns in words.